Saturday, April 14, 2012

sometimes...

... blessings come in weird, unexpected ways.
monday i woke up sick. real sick. so sick i went to the ER. (it takes next to death for this former ER nurse to go to the ER--- but my doctor couldn't see me and told me to go there. so i did). of course i survived this episode. but. in the midst of all this. my mom was in the car driving up to be with me. she knew her little girl needed her momma-- and boy. i sure did.
my mom is freaking awesome- if you don't know. the fact she just got in her car and left as soon as i called her- doesn't surprise me- but shows how awesome she is. five hour drive. just to be with me. so... i spent monday and tuesday with my mom. it was nice. it was fun. i laughed. we watched snapped (our guilty pleasure). ate some yummy food. and i got a milkshake... since i had a lot of blood drawn. (its an automatic in my family). so yeah.
i may have been sick. and miserable. and worried. but mom came. and that was a blessing. its always fun to be with mom. she makes life better.
and now im on some medicine to hopefully make me better. and it should.
...and yes. im being vague. but details aren't really important. :) just know im not dying. haha :)


sometimes..... life sucks.
next week im going to "primary care pediatric camp". well thats what im calling it anyway. i have a 5 day clinical rotation at a pediatric office. oh and its 4 hours away. so im staying in "housing". that should be interesting. im sure it will get a post. anyway... off to camp i go tomorrow.
so tonight... ryan and i were going to have a little date night. go out to eat. enjoy each other's company. welp.... that didn't work out. ergh. sad. frustrating.

but. im gonna wait and see what kind of lemonade we can make out of these lemons...

0 comments:

Post a Comment