Tuesday, March 13, 2012

weekend bliss



it was my birthday. i love my birthday. probably more than the average person. 
i mean i wore two balloons and a "birthday princess" button all day. i really like my birthday. After i realized I would be unable to talk my husband into leaving town for my big day- i decided, i'll bring a party to me. 

so i called up my brothers. and my best friend from home. 
one brother was down. and his soon to be wifey. 
the bff since kindergarten- she is always down. 

anyway. they came up and along with my wonderful hubby- gave me the best birthday weekend ever.
there are a lot of random photos from the weekend... 
here are a few. 

the most important things in life... can be learned at goodwill:


and this beauty... i picked up for 1$
and yes. i said beauty. 
growing up my mom & dad had this SAME exact recipe box. 
i grabbed it the second i saw it. 
i was so excited. 
my brother laughed. 
ryan said, what the heck. that thing is ugly. 
oh.
oh. yeah. i guess it is. 

...isn't funny that i never thought it was weird or ugly or strange since ive seen that thing since i was a little tyke. too funny. 
anyway. i bought it. its in my kitchen. im going to load it up soon.


we also found these beauties... but we didn't purchase these. just snuck in a picture.

my new favorite shirt
"i am fairly certain that given a cape & a nice tiara I could save the world"

thank you amy beth for the perfect find.

 (note the balloons, sparkle scarf, and princess button)






today i took my birthday money and hit up target. 
man i love target. 
new shoes. new swimsuit. complete outfit. undies. bra. odds & ends. 
it was glorious. and i love it all. 











i also bought this nailpolish. 

for way way wayyyyy too much. 


but dude. i love it.
perfect
springtime 
color of fun.

.oh geeze. and then there is this guy.
yes. look closely. thats asparagus. 
we didn't let him eat much of it. 
but gosh. he loved it.



life is so good. 
im so grateful for my spontaneous brother, his lady, and my bestie. 
they probably have no idea how much it meant to have them here. 
to sit with them in church. 
to eat with them. 
to laugh. 
to stay up late watching dirty dancing quoting all the lines. 
it was a perfect weekend. 
a beautiful weekend. 

it was bright. 
like my new shoes. 
bright. and happy. and exciting. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment