Saturday, July 21, 2012

sneak peek:


I am blessed to be married to a preacha'. and a very good one at that. 
I am grateful that sometimes he lets me read his sermon first. Give him my thoughts and opinions- which most of the time are... wow. that was great. ...and he never believes me. but its true. his sermons move me. challenge me. inspire me. and then make me grateful to remember... i am married to this guy. the man that so beautifully received God's word and wrote his message. I am blessed. and grateful. 
This week I got to glance at his sermon... and man. his last 3 paragraphs got me good. 
AND I wanted to share them here.... sorta a sneak peak if any of you go to my church (doubtful) or just a word to think on. 



"This morning I ask all of you the same question. “How is your soul? Really, how is it?” Where are you receiving grace?” “What have you read recently that filled your soul? When is the last time you went on a prayer walk?  Do you have friends who are uplifting you?”  If you cannot receive God’s grace, then you will never be able to love God in return. And your heart will be forever restless.  

We hate gifts from strangers, don’t we?  God is the friend who shows up on our doorstep unannounced.  And God says, “You don’t know me that well, but I would like to give you something. His name his Jesus Christ.” For Jesus Christ is the gift we did not want.  He was a gift that we oppressed and then put to death.  And yet, Jesus Christ is the gift that we so desperately need.

If you choose to receive the gift of this stranger, it will show you the truth: that you are helpless, needy, indebted, and utterly dependent. But this gift will also give you life. If you choose to try and repay this stranger, then may your heart always be restless.  Thanks be to God for that. " --Ryan Snider


grateful for this gift of life that has been given to me. I pray I can accept it. accept God's grace. and love. and life a life that is glorifying to Him. 

1 comments:

Robin said...

Hi Dani! Just wanted you to know that I read your blog as well! Miss you guys alot :(

Post a Comment