Monday, October 10, 2011

sttttoooooop!

do you remember in the lion king. simba is running through the forest. 
running hard. 
and then. all of a sudden rafiki holds up his hand and says 
STOOOOOP! 



yeah. this scene. 

well. thats the story of my life lately. 
i've been running alright. 
ok. not literally, but thats another story. 
i have school. 
gotten involved at church. 
been sewing like crazy. 
trying to get back into exercising (ryan i know you are shaking your head here, but i WAS going to that class when i hurt myself :) and it was my 3rd trip in a week! )
i go to clinicals. 
i hang out with my youth. 
i got a new job in an exciting ER. 
me and ryan have been hiking. 

do you get the point that i like to go go go!
i do. i do my best work when im going. 
running. 
running through that forest like simba. 

well. friday i got that BIG hand in my face STOP!!!!!!

 i go see an orthopedic about my shoulder. 
you know. the one that "falls out"all the time. 
yeah. its like once a week it 'subluxes'/'dislocates'. 
well. the only solution to the tricky "special" (as i call it) shoulder: 
surgery. 

that one word alone threw up a big stop sign. 
today i had a 'pre-op' appointment. 
it was the stop sign.
rehab is lengthy. like a good 3 months. 
so. 
there will be no running (literally and metaphorically)
 (but hopefully biking (eventually))

there will not be much sewing. 
there is definitely no job now.
at least no job in a cool fun ER. im looking at other options.... walmart greeter anyone?!? 
not a lot of church activities (since a lot require 2 arms)
the hiking will have to wait. although scenic drives are still in!
about the only thing i will have is school. 
and somehow attempt to do clinicals. 
don't get me wrong- netflix, wii, and words with friends will become my best friend. 

but really. my world has come to a stop. 
(well it will on friday)
i got the big fat RAFIKI HAND in my face. 

i have had a rough day today. emotional. frustrating. reality setting in. 
on the bright side of that big fat STOP hand--
there is a loving gentle compassionate hand as well. 




i may have gotten a big stop, but im comforted to know that i will not be alone in the slow journey ahead. ryan has been so wonderful today-- and i know he will be right beside me in the coming weeks of misery, excitement, tears, pain, achievement, and laughs. im also grateful that my family will be here-- mom and dad-- to help me this weekend. 
most comforting of all- i know that the Lord has a plan. 
He has a reason for slowing me down. 
He will provide that gentle comfort that I need in this season of my life. 
He will provide for my family. 
He will give me a peace. 

I think this will be a good season of my life. 
a time to slow down. 
a time to read. reflect. relax. 
and enjoy the smaller things in life. 

bring it on rafiki. im ready to stop.

3 comments:

sara said...

love the last line :) Rest easy!

Laurie said...

Maybe you can practice at making a family while you are out???

Jenny said...

Come to charlotte, I'll rehab you!

Post a Comment