Saturday, October 15, 2011

surgery.

the basics:
1. surgery: bankart repair 
2.surgeon: dr. jarrett
3. locale: asheville othopedic surgery center

before.... 
(but after some versed)



it was apparently during this time some funny things occurred. i only verrry vaguely remember the following:

1. i told my nurse she was mean and i wanted mt other nurse back. (wupps!) this was while mom, dad and ry were in the room. apparently it was awkward. haha
2. they put in  a nerve block in my arm and i found it hilarious to have ry pick up my arm and watch it fall onto the bed. i had noooo feeling or control.
3. i had a panic attack (1st time ever) and grabbed this mans hand (found out later he was a crna) and would not let it go. during this time i learned if you start yelling you cant breathe, you get a tonnnnn of attention really fast.
4. i got a wedgie when they moved me onto the OR bed. i let everyone know.
5. i then proceeded to say, look! i wore my pretty panties for you!
6. then i flashed the OR people and said, i dont care. ive seen lots of boobies and know you have too

thats the last thing i remember. 
until i woke up with ry beside me.
i looked like this:



because of the nerve block i felt great yesterday. no pain. nothing. 
around 1am this morning it started. throughout the night i proceeded to have the worst pain of my life.
today after getting meds in me- i have started to feel decent.

im so grateful to have ryan, mom, and dad at my side.
could not survive  without them.
along with an amazing church checking in and bringing food.
and dear friends texting and facebook-ing me.
and a cute little 8 yr old JP making up jokes for me :) along with his super stellar step-mom passing them along to me :)

this concludes my update for now! 
more later im sure.
peace!

2 comments:

Robin said...

So....this is what Danielle REALLY wants to say. Hmmm.

Ashley Hickman said...

None of this is surprising to me and all of it made me really miss you, goofball!

Post a Comment